Are you on online boutique owner who has been dabbling with content marketing but never fully committed, so you’ve yet to experience the sort of results this type of inbound marketing can have?
You’re going to want to bookmark this resource.
Do you want to create content for your online boutique which increases awareness, improves your SEO, helps and advises your customers, improves your social reach, and generate sales?
Then this resource is bursting with real world examples, expert analysis and industry insights, to make sure your content strategy is successful. With this guide handy you’ll never be stuck for blog post ideas again.
Here’s just some of the ways you’ll benefit from this resource, you’ll get:
50 eCommerce content marketing examples across five different niches
8 takeaway insights and trends identified after researching hundreds of peices of content across a wide range of industries
Short on time? just read my top five standout posts with a brief analysis of which type of boutique could create content like this, and why it works so well
My No #1 Tip for online boutique owners who are serious about focusing on content marketing as part their profit strategy. Read nothing else…make sure you read this.
There’s lots to cover, so let’s dive in. Oh! And you should probably Pin **THIS IMAGE BELOW*** to save this article to come back to later.
So, What do you sell in your online boutique?
Select your niche below (or the closest to it) and you can click straight through to 10 examples just for you. But…I’d encourage you to check out the complete resource as you’ll see a wider range of examples and formats, which means you’ll never be short of eCommerce content marketing ideas again.
SHORT ON TIME?
Five Standout Pieces Of Content From Each Niche
Below I’ve pulled out five exceptionally good posts, highlighting which type of online boutique owner could benefit from this content, and why this particular content marketing example is so effective. Would you like easy access to all these content marketing examples and more, all in one place? Don’t forget to follow my Pinterest board.
This content is useful for sellers of: Children’s products, books, educational toys, kids craft, games & more
Why this content is effective: There are lots of action images and pinnable images within this post, which explains why its title image has over 3k pins. The post is helpful, super-easy to read, and naturally leads to links back to their product. This is a fine example of low cost content marketing.
This Content is useful for sellers of: home and garden products
Why this content is effective: this post demonstrates how great content can and will benefit your business for years to come. This post was written in 2008, has over 600 comments, and people are STILL commenting on it. This post is very indepth and it provides the level of detail that makes creating this type of project possible for yourself.
If you sell products in the home, garden, camping, or outdoor space, this type of content is perfect but takes time and commitment to make.
This content is useful for sellers of: wedding accessories or apparel, jewelry, party supplies, printables or card supplies
Why this content is effective: This marketer is answering the questions of his customers while using his own products to explain the points he’s making, it also has a really simple but powerful video to compliment it. It’s a well laid out list-post with natural links and good attention to the SEO value of the post. This online boutique consistently creates content of this standard.
This content is useful for sellers of: jewelry, fashion, accessories, men, women’s and children’s lifestyle products
Why this content is effective: This online boutique owner sells a variety of designers and styles, and by creating this type of content she shows you how her jewelry collection works together – exposing you to multiple items for sale all at one time.
The video feels well produced but still really approachable. I like how you know you are dealing with an independent brand, but it still feels polished and credible. People want to support smaller businesses, but they need to trust you.
The content is useful for sellers of: Natural beauty products, natural cleaning products, hair care products, men’s grooming, and more.
Why this content is effective: This post is well researched, well produced, and the music supports the video. You can learn a lot with this video, but how they use the text box in Youtube is amazing. You’ll see Amazon links to every single ingredient and container she’s uses in the video.
This is a really strong eCommerce content marketing example, but it will take planning, preparation and editing so there are costs. The presenter does a great job of selling the lifestyle, without sounding pushy or salesy.
My number #1 content marketing tip for online boutique owners
"Think about content marketing like a publisher:Many of the examples you’ll see below are from bloggers and publishers,sites that do not obviously seem to sell a product. But they do! hundreds of them,for hundreds of different brands, every single day. They use content to bring multiple streams of revenue into their business, and with time, research and effort, so can you."
50 ecommerce content marketing examples in FIVE different niches
- How to change a hot tub heater element (video)
- How to add privacy to your garden deck (blog post)
- How to turn to lampshades into a pendant ( blog post)
- A few bar cart accessories you must have (blog post)
- How to turn baskets into shelves ( blog post)
- How to care for your hanging fuschias (blog post)
- How to build a diy bathroom storage ladder
- How to hang the perfect wall gallery without nails (blog post)
- How I built our cubby organiser (blog post)
- 50 dollar hoop house green house
Childrens clothes & products eCommerce content marketing examples
- Nursing cover tutorial
- Baby care car kit
- How to make an emergency baby care diaper bag ( video)
- How to use a nursing cover for breastfeeding ( video)
- Creative floor pillow tutorial
- Natural Baby care recipes (blog post)
- DIY baby products (video)
- Best toys for speech and language development (blog)
- Teaching children food groups
- Activities based on children’s books
Women’s Fashion eCommerce content marketing examples
- How to style a black pencil skirt in three different ways
- How to choose spectacle frames for men
- How to fit your bra (video)
- How to select a bathing suit that fits (infographic)
- How to tie a scarf (visual post)
- What to wear on a plane ( visual post)
- 10 reasons to consider 4 claw engagement rings (written blog)
- Introducing sealife jewelry collection (video – very basic)
- Interviews with style icons
- Plus size swimwear shopping guide
Menswear & accessories eCommerce content marketing examples
- Visual style fit guide for men’s suits (highlight)
- How to prepare moustache wax for use
- Custom cufflink groomsmen gifts (Etsy affiliate links
- 5 ways to roll up shirt sleeves (blog post, video & graphic)
- 20 casual outfit ideas for men (infographic)
- How to clean silver naturally
- Jewelry stacking tutorial
- How to make a set of stacking bracelets
- backpacks vs messenger bags – how to choose what’s best for you (video)
- 5 types of men’s suspenders (video)
Bath & Body & Wellness eCommerce content marketing examples
- The best essential oils for homemade soap making
- Homemade body scrub recipes: 20 great gift ideas
- How to make all natural whipped body butter (video)
- Basil Lime homemade body scrub
- 30 day abs and squat challenge
- The one day cleanse your gut will thank you for
- How to prevent and treat bunions (video series)
- How to break your sugar addiction
- 6 supplements to fight fatigue
- 10 foods that pack on muscle
If you’re loving this post and think others would find it helpful would you be happy to >>>share this Tweet<<<
eCommerce content marketing: 8 insights every marketer should be aware of
- Don’t think like an eCommerce brand, think like bloggers and other publishers and do what they do, it works!
- How-to and list posts rule, and create content with Pinterest in mind. This visual medium is one of the best ways to promote your products with content marketing
- Mix it up. Content doesn’t just have to be written, use video, audio, and always use graphics
- Provide value. The most shared content helped people learn or do something better.
- Write strong headlines & always create a great pinnable graphic. Your headline should be informative and clear, and your images should be bold and eye catching.
- Create content around the topics your customer is interested in, not just around what you sell.
- Content creation is only the first part. Content promotion is what gives your marketing momentum and generates sales. Promote your content and your products will sell themselves.
So that’s it boutique owner, I hope this mega-resource has given you enough eCommerce content marketing examples, so the next time you’re stuck you’re able to find inspiration quickly.
Cover graphic credit www.Stellar-dust.com
LEARN HOW TO LAUNCH YOUR ONLINE BOUTIQUE