How to make Google index my website?
Seriously, I wish I’d be switched on enough to ask myself this question years ago, like YEARS ago.
Because it doesn’t matter whether your online store is hosted on Shopify, BigCommerce, WordPress or some weird and wonderful combination of platforms, if Google can’t find it with it’s little spiders and bots, then to all intents and purposes, your website doesn’t exist.
So now I’ve made the case for how critical this information is, I want you to check out this resource library, set aside some time to read the articles which jump out to you, then create a plan for how you will implement what you’ve learned.
How To Make Google Index My Website: Chapter Guide
- What is Google indexing, why is it important, how can I check if my website is indexed
- What is a website sitemap , why do you need one, and how to create yours
- What is Google search console, how it can help you, and how to set it up
- What is Google analytics, why it’s important, and how to set it up
- How to index my website with Google, Bing, Yahoo
- How long does it take to be indexed, how to check, and when to reindex
- Advanced SEO tips for Ecommerce
What is Google indexing, why is it important, how to check if my website is indexed
In this chapter you’ll find answers on how to make Google index your website, by first going back to the basics.
We’ll look at what a Google crawl is, how indexing works, how to make sure your website or Shopify store is indexable, and how to check whether you’ve already been indexed or not.
- 5 Shopify SEO sins you might not know you’re committing
- What is Google crawling and indexing
- What is crawlability and indexability of a website
- How to do I check if my website is indexed by Google
- Why is your store not on Google?
Take action: Check whether or not your website has been indexed with Google and the other main search engines like Bing and Yahoo.
How to create your website sitemap
In order to get Google to index your website you’ll first need to create your website sitemap. This sounds more confusing than it actually is, especially when you see the tiny bit of code mark up you need to add.
Online Boutique Launch Checklist
Without this sitemap you won’t be able to verify your website with Google or get any data.
- What is a website sitemap and do you need one
- How to create your xml sitemap in WordPress
- How to find and submit your sitemap with Shopify
Take action: Create your website sitemap and make a note of your unique sitemap url.
How to set up Google search console and webmaster tools
Be warned, the first time you enter the Google webmaster console you’ll feel a bit confused and nothing will make sense to you. Don’t worry it gets easier and more useful the more time you spend using it.
Setting up Google webmaster tools is essential if you want to get Google to index your website, as this is where you’ll verify your website and add your sitemap.
- The importance of Google webmaster tools
- How to use Google search console as a powerful SEO tool
- How to set up Google search console
How to set up your Google analytic accounts
Again, another amazing tool in the Google suite which can feel overwhelming and a little scary which is why many people never use it.
Google analytics will become your best friend as you grow your business, but for now, if you want to know how to make Google index my website, you just need to get started.
- The absolute beginners guide to Google analytics
- What does Google Analytics do and what can it do for my business
- Google analytics tutorial for beginners
Take action: Set up your Google Analytics account and make sure you’ve integrated it with Shopify and or WordPress.
How to index your website with Google and other search engines
Google is the main search engine you want to index your website, but that doesn’t mean you can’t or shouldn’t submit it to all the main search engines. The more traffic the merrier right. So, to answer your question, how to get Google to index my website, you have your answer: Ask them!
- To Submit your website or Shopify store to search engines
- Yoast plugin – the guide to hire rankings with WordPress sites
- SEO guide for Shopify store owners
- How to identify and fix Shopify indexing errors
- How to index your website and make it visible
How to check you’ve been indexed & index maintenance
Occasionally good old Google can take a lot longer than we’d like to index our websites. Sometimes that’s because of an error on our side, and other times, a little trouble shooting is required.
Done all the above steps and still wondering how to make Google index my website? you’ll find some detective tips here.
- How long does it take to index my website and ways to speed it up
- Why your site may not be indexed and what to do next
- How to automatically get new web pages indexed by Google
- When should you re-submit your website for indexing
- How to index web pages in minutes using fetch as Google
Take action: Check back to make sure your website’s been indexed and look at any errors that show up in your reporting, then make a plan to fix them.
Advanced SEO and additional resources
Congratulations if you’re still reading. I really hope you’ve found my collection of best resources on how to make Google index my website helpful, informative and encouraging.
Yes, some of these articles are heavy reading and might make you feel totally out of your depth, But the fact is, if you want to succeed with Authority Ecommerce you need to be open to learning new skills and levelling up your marketing.
- How to use rich snippets with Shopify
- How to add rich snippets in WordPress in minutes
- Why your Shopify store needs rich snippets
- 28 ping sites to speed up your website index
Online Boutique Launch Checklist