Listen, one of the things that has become startlingly apparent to me after multiple years in ecommerce, is just how important it is to have a solid content marketing strategy.
That’s why in this post I’m going to share with you 47 blog post ideas so that you never to need to be short of inspiration again.
But it get’s better.
This isn’t just a boring list, no.
This list of blog post ideas for online store owners has been broken down into different post types designed to inform, educate and inspire your ideal customers. And because I’m a visual learner I’ve also filled this resource lots of examples.
You’ll find a key beside each blog post idea which lets you know which marketing channel I recommend for this idea, and my personal order of importance. But remember, many of these ideas can be repurposed into a number of formats. Do this if you think it’s relevant to you.
Blog Post Idea: Key
B = blog
L = livestream
V = video
S = social media (primarily Instagram + Pinterest)
Blog post ideas that educate
- B/V/S – Introduce them to your brand and brand story
- S – How you create the collection
- S/V/B – Behind the scenes – shooting your products
- S/V – Behind the scenes – doing your social media
- S – Behind the scenes – your packing and shipping process
- B/V – Answer a frequent question your customer has
Blog post ideas that Inform:
- B/V – Fitting and sizing guide
- B/V – Shipping and returns
- V/B – Washing guide
- S/B – How to create a capsule wardrobe with your collection
- B/V – FAQ page – make this as exhaustive as possible
- S – Highlight a team member
- B/S – Highlight an achievement
- S/B – Highlight an event
Blog post ideas that Inspire:
- S/B – How to style for a party
- S/B – How to style for a formal occasion
- S/B – How to style for a date
- B/S – Hair style inspiration
- S – Make up inspiration
- S/B – Celebrity style
- S/B – Fashion trends you love
- S – Fashion trends you hate
- B/V/S – Packing guide
- S/B – Holiday guide
- S/B – Favorite footwear
- B/V/S – How you stay in shape
- B/S – Favourite underwear brands
- B/S/ – Hottest glasses brands
- B/S/V – Your favourite instagrammers
- B/S – Your favourite fashion bloggers
- B/S – Your favourite influencers/celebrity
- B/S/L -Festival guide
- B/S – Favourite handbag designers
- B/S/L – Favourite makeup brands
- B/L/S – Your Top blogs to follow on subjects your customer cares about
- B/S – Your top podcasts
- L/S/V/B – A day in the life – your family, faith, office, how you spend the average day
- B/S – Holiday gift guide – send hints
- B/S/V/L – Host a giveaway
- B/V/L – Interview a customer
- V/B/L – Interview someone you respect/icon
- B/S/– Create a playlist – work/travel/chill/holiday
Okay! So now you’ve got 47 blog post ideas to get started with, you might want to also check out my post on ecommerce content marketing for online boutique owners. This post has a further 50 examples, so if these 47 ideas aren’t enough – this post will give you more inspiration.